We conduct intuitive defensive shooting training individually, or in small groups that are tailored to the individual needs of those taking the training.
We recommend 4-hour training blocks but can break the training down into 2-hour (minimum) time slots to fit your schedule.
Please contact us if you have any questions or are interested in scheduling an appointment.
This training is right for you if:
- you realize that owning a firearm is more than a right, it’s a responsibility! You are responsible to be ready before, during, and after a self-defense incident.
- you want to build your confidence with your firearm and you know that this means more than just being able to hit a still target that isn’t shooting back!
- you may have taken a concealed carry permit training but you want to improve the defensive shooting skills you will need if you have to use that gun to defend.
- you want to have a better understanding of what those real-life defensive shooting skills are and how you can get good at them.
- you want to practice, but you don’t want to practice the wrong things, or waste money shooting in a way that is nothing like what happens in real life.
- you have purchased a defensive handgun, holster, or other gear and need to begin the process of vetting that gear for concealed carry.
We focus on the intuitive defensive shooting skills that work best with what the body and mind do naturally when you are faced with a lethal threat.
You will learn responses that are the most efficient and will allow you to stop the threat when you are surprised by an attacker. The fact is, MOST defensive firearms shootings involve little or no warning.
In addition to the focus on practical real-world defensive handgun skills, we emphasize the constant assessment and decision-making process you will find yourself involved in when you face a lethal threat.
Physical skills are coupled with the crucial mental skills that will make a critical difference when everything is on the line.
We teach you to learn and develop the skills and techniques needed to learn and practice to;
- evaluate your defensive carry gun & gear
- safely and effectively carry – everyday
- draw from concealment
- balance speed with precision
- shoot while moving (when, why, and how)
- emergency reload
- select and plan for vehicle carry
- use your body’s natural reactions to your advantage
- prevail in life-threatening situations
- clear firearm malfunctions
- operate your firearm with one hand & weak hand
- defend against multiple threats
What you will need to bring:
- Proof of identity
- Your carry firearm
- Strong side OWB holster
- Concealed carry holster, purse, etc., (any other device or equipment you plan to carry your firearm with)
- 3+ standard capacity magazines (4 or more for lower capacity guns, speed loaders for revolvers)
- 200+ rounds of range ammunition (FMJ)
This course is conducted on our private outdoor range.
All registrations are subject to our cancellation guarantee.
Please contact us if you have any questions or are interested in scheduling a date for you or your group.