Based in Lapeer County, we conduct Defensive Firearms Training on our private range where we don’t have the typical restrictions of ranges that are normally open to the public.
Our training classes are designed specifically for civilian concealed carriers in Michigan. Classes are held in a relaxed setting – no military drill sergeant instruction methods here. Class sizes are kept small, to ensure you can get all the help you need to learn how to defend yourself in an attack.
Defensive shooting skills, along with the drills and gear used, are inherently specialized and distinct from those of target shooting, competition or law enforcement.
Our instructors hold multiple certifications at both the state and national levels (see below). We believe that the best instructor is also an avid student, and strive to continually upgrade our own skills and knowledge. As part of this belief, we understand that our own teachings need to be subject to critique and open to evolution. [more]
You should be asking your instructor more than “how much?” … things like;
- How long have you been a licensed concealed pistol carrier in Michigan?
- Do you have any formal teacher training (other than a weekend NRA or USCCA instructor course)?
- When is the last time you attended a training course where the focus was to improve your training abilities?
- What have you changed your mind about since you started teaching?
- How many people have your trained in the last year?
- Can I talk to your previous students?
Our instructors are…
- Certified Defensive Firearms Coach
Powered by COMBAT FOCUS® Shooting – I.C.E. Training
- Certified Instructor & Member – Michigan Coalition of Responsible Gun Owners
- Certified Instructor & Life Member – National Rifle Association
- Member – Association of Defensive Shooting Instructors
- Member – Personal Defense Network
- Member – US Concealed Carry Association (USCCA)
Real life firearm training in practical tactics in self-defense for the law-abiding citizen of Michigan.