Our training is designed specifically for the civilian defender, or concealed carrier in Michigan. Classes are held in a relaxed setting and kept small, to ensure you can get all the help you need to learn how to defend yourself in an attack.
Defensive shooting skills, along with the training and gear used, are inherently specialized and distinct from those of target shooting, competition, or law enforcement.
Not JUST a CPL Instructor
Our instructor holds multiple certifications at both the state and national levels (see below). We believe that the best instructor is also an avid student, and we strive to upgrade our own skills and knowledge continually. As part of this belief, we understand that our own teachings need to be subject to critique and open to evolution. [more]
You should be asking your instructor more than “How much does it cost?” … things like;
- How long have you been a licensed concealed pistol carrier in Michigan?
- Do you have any formal educator training (other than a basic instructor course)?
- When was the last time you attended a training course where the focus was to improve your training abilities?
- What have you changed your mind about since you started teaching?
- How many people have you trained in the last year?
- Can I get references from your previous students?
Our instructors are…
- Certified Defensive Firearms Coach
Powered by COMBAT FOCUS® Shooting – I.C.E. Training
- Certified Advanced Concealed Carry Instructor – MCRGO
- Certified Range Safety Officer & Member – US Concealed Carry Association (USCCA)
- Certified Pistol Instructor & Life Member – NRA
- Member – Association of Defensive Shooting Instructors
- Member – Personal Defense Network
- Affiliated Instructor – Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network
Realistic firearm training in practical tactics of self-defense for the responsible citizens of Michigan.