Critical Defensive Handgun is our follow-up to our Fundamentals of Concealed Carry Course.
This course also incorporates the requirements for the additional training proposed by Senate Bill 584 — “To authorize an exemption from the “gun free zone” restrictions in the law authorizing shall-issue concealed pistol licenses if a licensee applies for an exemption and meets certain additional training requirements.”
This course is right for you if:
- you have your concealed carry permit but you need to improve your defensive shooting skills at the range.
- you want to have a better understanding of real-life defensive shooting skills.
- you want to go to the range, but you don’t want to practice the wrong things.
- you have purchased a defensive handgun, holster or other gear and need to begin the process of vetting that gear for concealed carry.
- your concealed carry license class left you knowing that you weren’t really ready to conceal carry.
This course focuses on the intuitive shooting skills that will work best with what the body and mind do naturally when you are faced with a lethal threat (powered by CFS).
You will learn responses that are efficient and will allow you to stop your threat as efficiently as possible when you are surprised by an attacker. The fact is, MOST defensive firearms shootings involve little or no warning.
In addition to the focus on practical real-world defensive handgun skills, Critical Defensive Handgun emphasizes the constant assessment and decision-making process you will find yourself involved in when you face a lethal threat.
This class is about real physical skills coupled with the crucial mental skills that will make a critical difference when everything is on the line.
- evaluate your defensive carry gun & gear
- safely and effectively carry – every day
- draw from concealment
- balance speed with precision
- shoot while moving (when, why and how)
- carrying in restrictive environments
- reload during a dynamic critical incident
- shoot through walls, etc.
- select and plan for vehicle carry
- draw and shoot from a vehicle
- use your body’s natural reactions to your advantage
- prevail in life-threatening situations
- clear firearm malfunctions
- operate your firearm with one hand & weak hand
- operate a firearm while holding a flashlight
- defend against multiple threats
What you will need to bring:
- Your CPL and Michigan Driver’s License/State ID
- Your firearm, strong side holster, concealed carry holster, purse (or any other device you plan to carry your firearm in)
- At least 3 standard capacity magazines (4 or more for lower capacity guns)
- At least 300 rounds of range ammunition (FMJ)
- Outdoor clothing you don’t mind getting dirty in
This course is conducted primarily on our private outdoor range.
Cost is $150/person – advanced payment in full is required no later than 7 days before the course date, but you can pay a deposit of at least $50 to register and hold your spot. Pay Here (You will be asked to enter the payment amount for all or part of the total cost).
All registrations subject to our cancellation guarantee.